Production Skills (Week 5)

This week we learned how to have a slide show of images in Indesign and learnt how to add interactivity to things like images. In Audacity we did post production on our audio logs that we recorded last week to make them sound like they are being played out of an old recording technology such as the phonautograph or the gramophone. We also made foley sounds which were dubbed over a short clip. Finally in 3DS Max we continued working on the generator we were making based off of reference images.

In Indesign we were shown how we can create slideshows of multiple images. To do this we had to create a frame for an image to go into, then we made multiple copies of that frame for multiple images. Then on the toolbar at the top of Indesign we went to Window, then Interactive, and then object state and made the frames part of the same object. Then we selected all the frames and imported the images we wanted. then we aligned the frames so they were stacked on top of each other. To test the slideshow we created buttons that were set to go to previous state and go to next state so that they would go through the images. This will be useful as when we are creating our pages we may want to have a lot of images and the best way to show them all will be to display them in a slideshow. Also in Indesign we created the pages for members of other groups that we had designed last week. I think the page I created followed the layout that I was given very well and I think the end result is what that person had im mind when they were designing the layout for it.

In Audacity we were mixing our audio that we had recorded to make it sound old. We dd this using the Equalisation and Leveler filters and by also adding Brownian noise. These all contributed to making the audio sound like it was being played on a device that they would have used at the time of Age of Napoleon and lowered the quality of the original sound. This task will be very useful to us as we will be including audio logs in our dossier so it is important we know how to make them seem like they are from the time period.

For the Foley task we each had to bring in an object that could be used to make a sound that would fit the footage that we were given of a robot walking. We had to make sure when we were doing this task that our sounds were in sync with the footage so that when it was dubbed over it it would sound like the sound was actually from the footage. I think we did a good job although there are some parts where we were not synced overall it sounded good and also at times some of the sounds we were making could not be heard due to the unpredictability of the objects we were using.

We also continued working on our generators from last week in 3DS Max and added some finishing touches to make them look more like the reference images. I think my finished generator does look like the ones in the reference images however I could improve it by texturing it with an old metal texture to complete it and make it look even more like the reference images.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s